Sunday, June 8, 2014

Headline Poem 6/8/14 -- Dear Hillary

Hillary Clinton is in the news a lot lately. She has a new book out, is discussing her husband's former affairs, her possible run for president, and an interview with Diane Sawyer airing tomorrow night where "nothing is off limits." Here is today's poem/letter. 

Dear Hillary,

You are on my mind. I judged you hard and unrelentingly. Unecessarily. Unfairly. 
Today, I am writing, woman to woman, to say I'm sorry. 

Although you will never meet me, and I could die a proud woman never having shared this with you, I want you to know that I apologize. 

I thought you were weak. 
I thought you were desperate. 
I thought women who stayed with men who betrayed were broken. 
I know now
that it takes a strong woman 
with an incredible heart 
open wide 
with the ability to forgive, 
to live wholly, willing to 
Tirelessly and Constantly
put the pieces back together, 
rearranged by mistakes,
to create 
a beautiful picture that makes 
sense. 

It takes an angel. 
It takes a goddess. 
It takes a soul wise to decide 
To support a man who strays. 

You have my respect, which long ago you lost. Today, I send you a little of mine, along with courage, because although right now, I need my own, I imagine, even after time, you can use some. 

Yours Truly,
Courtney 


No comments:

Post a Comment