Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Headline Poem 6/3/14 -- Feelin' Good

Today's poem is inspired by a headline about music. I'll post the link later, but here is today's poem. 

Feelin' Good

I can tell I'm feelin' good because I'm smiling
Relaxed, soft smiles, smooth around the edges,
Not forced and fake like a pharaoh King or Queen,
But alive and wide like my four year old self wrestling on the floor till I can't take it anymore. 

I can tell I'm feelin' love because my heart 
Is warm and cozy, like a bright sunrise unafraid of the dark and noise. Shhhhh do you hear that? It's the sound of listening, 
not speaking. 
Not stiff and crisp like an apple tree (although it bears good fruit). 

can tell I'm feelin' alive because I 
see 
Reality and sparrows in the trees and hummingbirds swirling by. 
They fly looking for the journey, not for the land. The pictures match the scene drawn in the lines of my hand. Finally. 
My home is a place where we look each other in the eyes, and wear each other's boots. Because it's silly and fun. 

I'm feelin' good because the music 
plays 
throughout the day, and when we dance and spin, we predict each other's moves. Mostly, I'm feelin' good because when I decide to dip, I know someone's arms will 
Catch me. 

And in the middle of it all, you write me love notes with stick figures and mountains and stars and fish and bridges and our initials in the sand, and I know it's all gonna be alright. It's all gonna be alright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment