Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Headline Poem 5/7/14 -- Thou mayest

(Photo credit Google Image)
I read this headline about Mumford and Sons. I thought of their song "Timshel,"  which led me to John Steinbeck's novel East of Eden, and the meaning of "Thou Mayest." In this life, we can choose. (Special tributes to JD for helping me surrender and EB for reminding me I'm not alone).

Thou mayest

today i
 surrendered

to the universe
to asking for help
to accepting it when it comes
to white light and love
to healing
to angels
to demons
to all of the above
to brothers and sisters
to not going it alone
to hearing whispers
to smiling at black crows
to a long time coming 
to what I'll never know
to timshel and thieves
to climbing mountains
 instead  of  moving   them
to doorsteps
to choice

today,
I am me, and
I mayest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment