Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Headline Poem 7/15/14 -- I dreamt about Reese Witherspoon

This morning while sleeping, after hitting snooze on the alarm, I dreamt about... Reese Witherspoon. Headline inspiration: I loved the book Wild by Cheryl Strayed. Reese plays Cheryl in the movie that is coming out this fall. I can't wait to see it! 

I dreamt about Reese Witherspoon

We were chatting it up like two 
regular girls
Bonding over sweet tea (she's southern) and chicken wings 
and pearls. 
We talked about our babies, 
and what it means to be blonde, 
But then 
I took my purse out and started to put my lipgloss on. 

Still sweet, still bonded, 
Reese looked at me and said, 
we should talk about colors. 
Okay, I agreed,
although I felt a bit a kid 
whose babysitter wanted to make her over, but then  
she saw my shoes 
and shouted,
Let's go shopping instead! 

That's when I woke up, 

half elated (Reese and I were going shopping because I was cool and made her feel like a regular girl) 
and half pissed,
What the hell does she care 
about my feet and lips!?

No comments:

Post a Comment