Friday, July 11, 2014

Headline Poem 7/11/14 -- She's a natural beauty

Today, I read a headline about Loreal. There is an app that will tell you which colors of makeup will look best on you. It reminded me of a moment with my daughter last week. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2689197/LOreal-launches-virtual-magic-mirror-make-app-reveal-lipsticks-eyeliners-look-best-you.html

Natural Beauty 

The other morning while putting on makeup
my daughter came in to talk to me,
as she often does,
about whatever it is 
that is on her curious six year old mind. 

She smiled up at me and asked 
where I thought a certain friend of mine sat to put her makeup on. 

I paused in between mascara applications
and said, 
oh baby she doesn't wear any makeup. 

     She's a natural beauty. 

She looked perplexed. 

Then, why, mommy, do you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment