Thursday, February 27, 2014

Headline Poem 2/27/14 -- Like a Repo Man at Midnight

(Photo credit FoxNews)

A remote camera in Southern California has caught a mother mountain lion and her two kittens enjoying a midnight feast of mule deer in Malibu Creek State Park. This headline and image made me think of a repo man coming for what's owed...  



Like a Repo Man at Midnight


Predictable, 

He shows up, and
The light from Jimmy's Garage outside my window blinds me
The glare's stronger than the one my mother gives my father when he sits down and asks what's for dinner before even saying hello
The inevitable clanking of chains and wrestling flashlight stream in the air
Bring comfort, strangely
Routine of hunt and gather
Night after night
Like a repo man at midnight 
Coming for what's owed

No comments:

Post a Comment