Monday, February 10, 2014

Headline Poem 2/10/14 -- hold the phone!

(Photo credit digitaltrends.com)

This just in -- lawmakers may ban phone conversations on airplanes. Should the government protect you from being annoyed? 

hold the phone!

when you fly in a plane high above the clouds, rivers, oaks, and streams,
the last thing you want is to hear someone else
blowing their hot air for all the traveling world to breathe
in, out, in, out
there is no getting away

should listening to you yap, yak, and blab be illegal?
you're a fool if you think I care about your dog having diarrhea, 
or whether your mom and dad are lying out by the pool

take the air out of that tire of a thing and give us some rules!

we are captive audience members up here in airspace, 
and if I wanted an earful, 
I would fill it with things that make more sense...
like music, wisdom, nails on a chalkboard -- the last would be better than you
going on and on about nothingness and crumbs
your mouth is still going? 
I'd rather hear the captain chewing gum
Hubba Bubba or Bubblicious?
somebody stop them in their popping tracks

go to the bathroom and stay there for a long time
I don't want to listen to you talk about staplers,
or mowing the lawn,
or taking a drive

yadda yadda yadda

I can't get away,
there is no where for me to go, no where to escape
your conversation is suffocating me, 
it's tighter than the belt around my lap
sign says 'stay in your seat,'
I will
for eating, sleeping, and keeping entertained
I will stay in my seat until this plane lands
and I can hear myself think

I'd rather fly through turbulence than to listen to this crap

is it time to regulate, or are you leaving us alone,
to punish and reprimand on our own?

No comments:

Post a Comment