Monday, September 8, 2014

Headline Poem 9/8/14 -- It's hard to understand

We're having stormy, humid, rainy weather this week in So Cal. Here is today's headline poem. 

It's hard to understand 

It's hard to understand 
that 
I need you 
for comfort though 
you're the reason 
I hurt 
and gaze
in disbelief
 at how my life 
for the last five years 
chained and drenched 
me as I attempted 
to 
juggle (with one arm) while poison and cobwebs dripped and spun 
         right under my growing nose. 
If I weren't me, perhaps 
I'd laugh, 
though this is no joke. 
These are 
veins and hearts, 
not empty 
record sleeves and cassette tape dreams. 
This is a real,
tangible thing. 
On display today, and 
everyday,
a second hand find 
I didn't realize 
I needed 
until it unraveled itself
     in my line
like 
a blue velvet picture of smiling 
women 
and their perfect breasts, 
    wrapped in 
 feathers  and    pebbles, 
all wet 
from 
the rain 
that's taken them 
apart 
and brought them 
back together
     again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment