Sunday, September 7, 2014

Headline Poem 9/7/14 -- September 7, 2014 9:42 a.m.

Laguna Beach, Ca. 

September 7, 2014 9:42 a.m.


I am interested in being love,
free from agendas 
and rigid time slots
(that are printed in faded ink, 
but not heart).

I am interested in being love,
the butterfly, 
determined to 
transform 
and fulfill 
its destiny. 

I am interested in being love,
the fierce lion,
the magic crow, 
swift spirit animals that 
come and go
on walks, and in dreams, 
returning persistently
until I notice and see.  

I am interested in being love,
breakfast smells 
and morning banjos, 
silhouettes of books 
with enticing covers,
wild weeds 
that bloom in
early September. 

I am interested in being love,
songs I write, 
sometimes tangled 
by the words I sing
because they don't matter 
at first, until 
I listen again and realize 
they are me. 

I am interested in being love, 
when 
I stand on this wooden 
bench, arms stretched out,
with a view of
pretty and ugly
up high mixed with
deep down 
low. 

I am interested in being love,
that meets 
in the middle, 
where sand becomes water, 
running toward clarity,
together,
map optional 
because the treasure 
is the route, 
that we make ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment