Sunday, September 7, 2014

Headline Poem 9/7/14 -- September 7, 2014 9:42 a.m.

Laguna Beach, Ca. 

September 7, 2014 9:42 a.m.


I am interested in being love,
free from agendas 
and rigid time slots
(that are printed in faded ink, 
but not heart).

I am interested in being love,
the butterfly, 
determined to 
transform 
and fulfill 
its destiny. 

I am interested in being love,
the fierce lion,
the magic crow, 
swift spirit animals that 
come and go
on walks, and in dreams, 
returning persistently
until I notice and see.  

I am interested in being love,
breakfast smells 
and morning banjos, 
silhouettes of books 
with enticing covers,
wild weeds 
that bloom in
early September. 

I am interested in being love,
songs I write, 
sometimes tangled 
by the words I sing
because they don't matter 
at first, until 
I listen again and realize 
they are me. 

I am interested in being love, 
when 
I stand on this wooden 
bench, arms stretched out,
with a view of
pretty and ugly
up high mixed with
deep down 
low. 

I am interested in being love,
that meets 
in the middle, 
where sand becomes water, 
running toward clarity,
together,
map optional 
because the treasure 
is the route, 
that we make ourselves.